Saturday, March 13, 2010

Those Flippin Weeds

This afternoon, it was me against the weeds. Again!!

I guess it's because of all of the rain we received in January, but we have a butt load of weeds this year. Two weeks ago I sprayed all of the weeds. Then last week I sprayed all of the weeds, again. In most of the spots it looked like there was some positive effect, but then in other areas it looked like I had sprayed weed fertilizer on them, because there were some big bunches of the weeds that were just "waving in the air", and "smilin" at me every time I'd look at them.

So, to wipe the smile off of those stinkin weeds faces that were so friendly, I went out and pulled them all up. Their smiles went away, along with their scrawny long green necks and if it hadn't been for their sticker friends that poked the crap out of my hands, I would have had the last laugh.

I hope they all at least got to laugh themselves to death after I threw them into the trash can and closed the dark stinky lid.

Oh yea, after that, I went out to the front yard and mowed all of their little cousins heads off; and I smiled.

2 comments:

  1. That's right Pa, you showed them! Way to get the better of those flippin' weeds. I'm sure the yard looks great. And your story made Greg and me smile, so there was some benefit from your battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete